The Coer lab spent the week in Naples at the European Wave and Tidal Energy Conference (EWTEC 2019). Some of the thematic tracks this year included:
- Wave / tidal resource characterisation.
- Wave / tidal device development and testing.
- Wave / tidal hydrodynamic modelling.
- Grid integration, PTO & control.
- Station keeping, moorings and foundations.
- Structural mechanics – materials, fatigue, loadings.
- Environmental impact and appraisal.
- Operations, maintenance and decommissioning.
- Economical, social, legal and political aspects of ocean energy